Thursday 23 October 2014

Editorial Development #5 (Choosing a Concept)

With all of the research that I have come up with in the development of my editorial illustration, I finally feel like I'm ready to move onto the final stage in my development, which is choosing a final concept to work with.

All of my concepts, really tie into the theme of the album, however some more than others.
A lot of my concepts in the editorial development are more varied compared to the concepts produced for the other criteria in the module.

I have focused a lot more on typography based designs for example, as I have realised the importance of typography greatly, especially over the last few weeks as I have been placing this into my concept practises.

An unused editorial concept, with a heavy typographic theme.


My editorial has to be digitally submitted with a bleed, in the size of 15cm x 15cm (150mm x 150mm), and at a size of 300dpi, all of my editorial concepts featured in my second development book are automatically at this size.
The final editorial illustration however, will be illustrated at a larger size, to allow for a high resolution image to be produced, once the image has been increased in size.

The concept that I have decided to choose to put forward as my final editorial illustration, is that of concept #2.
I really feel that this choice is the illustration that stands out the most in my opinion, and it works much better with the album cover, as it has a very similar theme.



I chose this concept to be put through experimentation with Adobe Photoshop in one of my earlier blogs, and this allowed for some very interesting results, one of them is featured below.



The use of using concept #2 as a standalone editorial piece, I feel would be very bold, and striking.
The image works perfectly in the dimensions stated by the brief, but in order to stick with the black and white theme (like my album), I will submit my final editorial illustration as black and white.
I feel that it reflects my album nicely, as well as my hypothetical interview which discusses the album. 












Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment