Thursday 23 October 2014

Final Editorial Design

Over the past few weeks, I have been planning and developing my final editorial illustration.

All of my concepts have taken a different approach to each other, some more contrasted to my previous development work, others closely more resembling it.

I began the research by looking at existing forms of real life editorial illustration.
Editorial illustration can be found in such items as magazines, tabloids, and newspapers.

It is common for editorial illustrations to feature some kind of portrait of the artist/band, however I wanted to distance my illustration away from this type of illustration, as I personally feel it is overused sometimes, and since Kate Bush is already an established artist, this is unnecessary.
Fair enough, for a debut/emerging artist this makes sense, but this is another matter, since she is so recognised in music.




Seeing different types of illustrations, in an array of different sizes, made me think about how my brief-set square shaped illustration could possibly work with text in an article.

My editorial illustration would of course feature in an article that discusses Kate Bush, and the album 'Hounds of Love'.

As part of my editorial research, I picked up a magazine that featured a large article on Kate Bush.









My final editorial with a 5mm bleed.











Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment