Wednesday 15 October 2014

Poster Development #5 (Choosing a Concept)

After working on developing an idea for my final poster over a series of blogs, I believe that I am ready to choose a concept that I wish to work further on.
it is of a concept that I created earlier on in my development book, and one that I really enjoyed planning out.

I really do like the design of the piece, and I believe that it is the concept that will have the most connection to the album in my opinion.

I am looking to getting my tickets screenprinted, as CCAD now have one of these amazing printers in the print room.
I think the two tone style would look amazing as a screenprint.



Concept #2, my choice to progress further with.

Concept #2 is the chosen design concept that I have decided to progress further on, and I will be using this design as my final A2 poster.

Concept #2 is based on the song 'Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God).
The hill, (which refers to this song), is made up entirely of eyes and are illustrated in a similar fashion to that of the final album design, as well as a lot of my other concepts.
The eyes of course refer to the paranoia themes featured in such songs on the album, as 'Hounds of Love'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VerK4zwMRQw&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20J
SON%20Parse%20error%3A%20Unexpected%20E
OF%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw
atch%3Fv%3DVerK4zwMRQw) < image reference at this link.
Above, a screenshot from the official 'Running Up That Hill' music video, sees Kate, and the man running in a forest, soon after the lyric, 'it's coming for me in the trees', is sung.

I really like this idea of using the eyes to construct the hill, as this imagery suggests that the hill is watching the figure that is climbing up the mass of eyes.
The silhouette figure, (as labeled in development), has a secretive identity, and I have done this to allow the viewer to decide who it could be.

The character could even be based around the listener, whilst listening to the song, and this allows a connection between the listener, and the music.

I have begun work on my final poster illustration, and below I will feature some images of my progress.

Starting the illustration.

Adding detail into the eyes.


Sketches of simple clouds, on a separate sheet to be layered onto the page in photoshop.

Layering the illustrations using photoshop.

I will discuss more about my final poster illustration, on my next blog, again based around the development and production of my poster.









Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment