Saturday 18 October 2014

Product Development #3 (Refining Concepts)

Of the assortment of limited edition ticket concepts that I came up with, I have decided to progress my development by selecting a few of the designs that I think has a strong chance of working as my final product.

Below are the concepts that I think worked really well in development, and stood out to me.

Concept #1:



I love the composition, and the silhouette of the hound jumping over the eyes.
I like how there is a smaller illustration on the reverse side of the ticket, which is where all the event information will go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Concept #2:





This design layout incorporates two illustrations into the design, which is something that I could look at for my final product.

This may not work as my final ticket design, as there is little space to put any event information on, however I do like the idea of having 2 good sized illustrations on the ticket, however if using this design type for my final ticket, I will need to leave some room for information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Concept #5:


This concept is very heavily reliant on typography, and whilst I feel as if the use of heavy typography may not work on its own as a final design, I could look at incorporating it into my final ticket product.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Concept #6:



This concept incorporates several themes from a few of my other concepts.

This concept takes some elements from previous work, notably from the illustration that can be found on the rear of my album cover.

Rear album cover illustration.


As well as one of my unused album cover concepts.

The first album concept that wasn't used in the final album design.


I will be moving onto experimenting with the use of digital manipulation with my chosen concept designs, and I will talk more about this in my next blog.












Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment