Monday 20 October 2014

Product Development #5 (Choosing a Concept)

For my product, which is the idea of creating a limited edition print as a ticket for a hypothetical Kate Bush venue, I have finally decided which design would be most suiting to base my final on.

It is a design that incorporates several elements from different songs found on the album, as well as including some typography which is 'woven' into the illustration, similar to the detailed leaf on the back of my 'Hounds of Love' album cover design.

I decided to choose elements from concept #6 as the design to go with for my final refined product.
I really cannot wait to see this design as my ticket, in my opinion it reflects the album, artist, and suit my target market the most.

I would like to see this design printed onto card, using the screen printing process. I am inexperienced with this method, so I will need to talk to Jade in order to be schooled with using the large printer in the print room.

The chosen design uses some elements from previous work, most notably from the illustration that can be found on one of my unused album cover concepts, and also an illustration on the rear of my final album cover.
The first album concept that wasn't used in the final album design.
I really liked this idea, so I will be using some elements from it on my product design.

Rear album cover illustration.



Another concept that inspired the choice of my final product design, is my 5th editorial concept, which uses typography as part of the design.

These three concepts and illustrations all inspired the development of my 6th concept ticket design, which is my choice to base the final ticket on.

Over the next few days, I will be piecing together the final product design based on my chosen concept, and in the next blog discussing my product, I will highlight my finished design, and hopefully have some pictures of my completed screenprinted ticket to show.









Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment