Wednesday 15 October 2014

Poster Development #3 (Refining Concepts)

After coming up with a few concepts that I thought could work well as a poster promoting the album, I have narrowed my concepts down to just a select few, that I think have the chance of being my final A2 poster.

The choice list is as follows:


Concept #1:


























This concept has a really strong connection to the opening track on the album, which is called 'Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God).
I believe that this design is a very powerful one, and there are other references to other songs, such as 'Cloudbusting', and 'The Big Sky'.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept #2:



I really love how this poster ties in with the visual appearance of the album.
The album design is based on the themes of natural forms, as well as the theme of paranoia, hence the  imagery of eyes.

I like how the eyes are the structure of the hill, which gives the impression that the hill is constantly watching the figure as they ascend.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Concept #3:



I love the contrast of tone in this design, and I love how the objects are perfectly lined up.
The Earth is directly in the middle of the page, and I like how the eyes are drawn to the moon's surface, and also the globe in the middle.
I did plan on colouring the concept, but only adding colour to the Earth.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I will be moving on with my chosen concepts, experimenting with the use of digital manipulation, and showing how photoshop can enhance the concepts, from this I may be able to take some ideas to move forward with.












Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment