Tuesday 14 October 2014

Poster Development #2 (Concepts)

For my poster concepts, I have created a few annotated sketches displaying some examples of what I could use as my poster, which will promote the album.

I have focused on a wider range of songs for my poster concepts, compared to the development of my album cover.

Some of these songs include the following:
  • Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God).
  • Hello Earth.
  • Hounds of Love.

Concept #1:
For the first concept, I took inspiration from the first track on the album, which was 'Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)'.



There is a lot of symbolism from this song included in my first poster concept.

For example, the giant hand symbolises God's hand, making the deal, and the building on the lower right refers to the lyric, "Be running up that road, be running up that hill, be running up that building."
The building features windows that appear to be barred in the same style to that of a jail.
This refers to the song's theme of being trapped, which I gathered from a few lyrics.
Also the music video shows this off as well, and I will link the blog to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM < video reference at this link.

The clouds seen in that background also refer to other songs, such as 'Cloudbusting', and 'The Big Sky'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept #2:




For the second concept, I chose to stick with basing it on 'Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)'.

I had the idea of creating a hill completely made out of eyes, styled in a similar fashion to that of my album cover.

There is a very small silhouette figure that is appearing to be climbing up the large 'hill'. 
This figure can be whoever the viewer wishes to think. 
I intentionally made the figure obscure to allow this.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Concept #3:



I wanted to choose another song from the 'Hounds of Love' album, in order to come up with a different concept piece.

I chose to base this concept around the 11th track on the album, called 'Hello Earth', and used the imagery of space, in order to reflect this.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Concept #4:




For my 4th concept poster, I decided to base it on 'Hounds of Love', working in a similar style to designs that I produced earlier.

I thought of placing the themed leaves, in a way that suggests that the hound is howling them out. I think that this is a really strong idea, and I think it is very suiting to the album, and ties in with my other pieces.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In my next blog, I will refine my concepts by selecting some of my designs that I think have a good chance of being the base for my final A2 poster.













Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment